Angie's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: adult, library-kindle
Read from December 19 to 20, 2011

This is one of those series that I've heard you either love or hate. I went into it hoping to be on the love side. I came out somewhere in the middle. I really enjoyed the story and all of the Fae background and lore, but I wasn't blown away by anything.

The writing style is very conversational. I feel like we really get to know Mac, which was both good and bad. Good because...well, we get to know her and that's important. Bad because she's a little bit annoying, which is possibly part of her personality, and that's fine. We can't always love the main character, although that would be nice. She did grow on me by the end though. What's not fine was all of the "I didn't know it then, but..." and "Later I would find out that..." Thank you Captain Foreshadowing, but we don't need you every single time something is going to happen!

Darkfever seems like a good set up for an interesting series. I'm especially eager to read more about V'lane. How could I not after Mac's first reaction towards him:

"I was instantly wet, hot, and slippery in my panties, every cell ripe and swollen with need. My breass and loins plumped just from looking at it [...] Nothing else would stop my pain, nothing else would satisfy my sole purpose in life--to fuck."

Seriously! And damn that cliffhanger!

Read more of my reviews at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacia (the 2010 club) I will say that book 1 is the weakest. Book 2 is a little bit better, and books 3 through 5 are incredible. So if you thought this one was at least okay, then I think you'll like the rest of the series.