Pam's Reviews > Murder under Cover

F 50x66
Aug 28, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary, mystery, series
Read from August 26 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy

This is the fourth book in the Bibliophile series and it's even more engaging than the last. As the characters develop further, the books in this mystery series just keep getting better.

I love seeing the strengthening relationship between Brooklyn and's nice to see their romance working out. I say this because I've read other mystery series where the author has left a romance dangling, often for years, until I couldn't take it any longer and given up on the series out of annoyance.

Then there's Brooklyn's friendship with Robin. Ms. Carlisle has created two woman who are as different as different can be but they have the kind of close, enduring friendship that you only long for. I hope to see more of Robin and even Austin in the future.

There's plenty of other quirky characters to round out the story, lots of twists and turns, educational info about book binding I always enjoy learning, and a smooth plot flow. Add in attempted theft, murder, break-in and assault and you've got all the aspects needed for a story that will keep your attention from beginning to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder under Cover.