Lori McD's Reviews > The Outlandish Companion: Companion to Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn

The Outlandish Companion by Diana Gabaldon
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Outlandish Companion.

Quotes Lori McD Liked

Diana Gabaldon
“I didn't want to tell the story of what makes two people come together, although that's a theme of great power and universality. I wanted to find out what it takes for two people to stay together for fifty years -- or more. I wanted to tell not the story of courtship, but the story of marriage.”
Diana Gabaldon, The Outlandish Companion: Companion to Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn

Lori McD Definitely a companion to the Outlander books 1-4, this book is not necessarily one to "read". It truly is more of a reference book.

I was amused at the horoscopes of both Jamie & Claire. I'm not really into readings/horoscopes, but I was intrigued and wondered what my own might come out -- these were pretty accurate.

Wish the author had stuck to the plan mentioned in this book: End Jamie-Claire story @ book #6. She retitled book 6, which isn't a big deal... but looks like she split her idea of 5 & 6 through-out 5, 6, & 7.

Lori McD Titled well -- definitely a reference book, intended to supplement Outlander books 1-4.

Amused at the content, especially the horoscopes for Jamie & Claire and the Gaelic word reference.

Wish the author had stuck to the plan outlined in this book for books 5-6 & ended Jamie-Clair story in book #6. Looks like she split her content (once again) across books 5-7. I can only wonder what book 8 will be like.

Interesting insight into the author's thoughts and feelings about her characters & story.