Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > The Dead End

The Dead End by Mimi McCoy

Jul 26, 11

Read from July 24 to 25, 2011

The Dead End by Mimi McCoy is a book in the Poison Apple series, a paranormal version of the Candy Apple series.

Casey plans to spend her whole summer with her friend, Jillian. They plan to go shopping, spend time at the beach, and get boyfriends. Casey’s parents have different plans. They bought a real fixer-upper home in New Hampshire and plan to spend the whole summer there. Casey is really bummed.

She won’t be able to spend her summer as planned and her parents are hardly sympathetic.
Casey quickly realizes that something or someone doesn’t want her family there. She sees a message on a mirror that says “Get Out”. Her dad said it wasn’t there. As accidents continue to happen to Casey, the more frustrated her parents get. They definitely don’t believe her that something is happen. Casey finds a diary where a girl from the 1930s shows that the dreams that are happening to Casey were similar to what the girl had. What keeps causing the accidents? Is the girl haunting the house?

I definitely sympathized with Casey. It’s definitely frustrating when parents don’t believe in something they’re trying to tell them. I think this is definitely one of the better Poison Apple books. I liked the introduction to Erik. I though he added a fun element to the story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead End.