Lou Prosperi's Reviews > The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia: A guide to the flora, fauna, and fun of the world's greatest theme park!

The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia by R.A. Pedersen

5202443
Oct 06, 11

Read from September 23 to October 06, 2011

A good and informative look at Epcot. If you're a fan of Disney World and Epcot, you will likely enjoy this. It reveals lots of details and information about the park and its attractions that many visitors (even frequent visitors) are probably not aware of.

The author's bias shows prominently in some chapters. For example, his chapter on "Horizons" goes into extensive (almost excruciating) detail about the attraction, while other attractions get a quick cursory description. That may be due to the amount of information that's available about the attractions, but it seemed to me that it was more to do with the author's personal tastes. (Note that there's absolutely nothing wrong about this, but it does result in a somewhat uneven picture of the park).

I would have liked to have seen an overview of each major portion of the park (Future World and World Showcase) that explained the original design intent of each and how the development of each either held up or abandoned that intent over time (and I think the author would definitely have an opinion on this). The book would have benefited from some additional editorial work, as there are several odd (or grammatically incorrect) sentences throughout the book, and slight changes in the organization of the content would probably help the book flow better.

These comments aside, I enjoyed this book, and would like to eventually add a physical copy of this to my collection of Disney books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia.

09/23/2011
7.0% "I think it's time for another book about Walt Disney World..."
09/27/2011
14.0% "Just finished the chapter on Spaceship Earth, one of my favorite attractions at Epcot."
09/28/2011
25.0% "Through the chapter on "Universe of Energy" and now starting "Wonders of Life""
09/29/2011
34.0% "Finished the chapter on "Wonders of Life" and partway through the chapter on "Horizons.""
09/30/2011
40.0% "Finished the chapter on Horizons. Next up, Mission: Space!"
10/03/2011
65.0% "Through Mission: Space, Communicore, Innoventions, and The Living Seas. Next up: The Land"
10/04/2011
79.0% "Finished chapters on The Land and Imagination. Now on to World Showcase!"
10/05/2011
91.0% "Finished chapters on Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, and the USA. Next up, the rest of World Showcase."