Fred's Reviews > Flat-Out Love

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 14 to 16, 2012

This is a lovely, charming, painfully awkward, tender, hilarious, warm, heartbreakingly sad and wonderful read. A crazier group of funny, effed up, infuriating, flaky and fabulous characters you will never meet. Julie Seagle, if you ever decide you need a real dad, just call me, ok? Or tweet me about it ... oh wait. Anyhoo, please do youself a favor and find this book fast. It's one of a kind, and that kind is awesome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Love.

Quotes Fred Liked

Jessica Park
“Mom, I have to go. I think this Matt character is here."
"Are you sure it's him?"
Julie peered into the car as the window lowered. "I see a maniacal-looking guy with brightly-colored candy in one hand, and he's waving a sickle in the other. Oh! He's beckoning me to the car. This must be my ride.”
Jessica Park, Flat-Out Love

03/14/2012
14.0% 13 comments
03/15/2012
50.0% "This "plan" is making me almost as nervous as the trip to California! Be careful, Julie!" 4 comments
03/15/2012
50.0% "Still happening: http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2012/0..."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-28)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

oh! oh! oh! I wish I could experience this book for the first time again. Flipping amazing!!

message 27: by Nina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nina I agree. I loved this book. Have fun!! :)

message 26: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Thanks you guys! So far so good! Very peculiar goings on, I must say ... and she hasn't even started college yet!

Leslie Is this one out yet??

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

It is!

message 23: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Leslie wrote: "Is this one out yet??"

Everyone sure seems to love this book, and it's quite reasonable on the Kindle ($3.49). A good way to spend spring break?

Leslie Yes, you're right, Fred! I will definitely read it soon! I'm now in love with Kristen Ashley's writing, I must admit! Sommersgate House was a wonderful book and now I'm reading her book called, At Peace. Her books are long, too, and cheap...whew!! We're heading to our weekend place today and I now have a great 1,400 page book (according to my Nook), to read; and I'm already LOVING it!! YAY!!

message 21: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred 1,400! Yikes! Thank goodness for e-readers, you'd need two extra suitcases (the other one's for shoes, lol!) Have a great relaxing time, hope the weather stays nice, it's gorgeous here!

Leslie No kidding, Fred...thank goodness for e-readers!! Yes, the weather here is great, so it should be a fun rest of the week! My parents are joining us as well...that's why I'm personally in charge of the alcohol. ;)

message 19: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Haha, that job is crucial to the success of any vacay, but especially in those circumstances. I will say that vacations got a lot more fun when my kids were old enough to drink with us - so you've got that to look forward to!

Leslie Yes I do, Fred! Nothing like getting your drunk on in the country in the absolute middle of nowhere!! Ha!! I won't have my normal internet service either, since they started charging for downloads! Oh well, I have a feeling GR will be here when I get back on Saturday!

message 17: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Yeah, we'll keep it going for you, don't worry, I'll fill you in if you miss anything important! Have fun! Middle of nowhere sounds pretty darn nice, right about now!

Leslie Thanks, Fred...I knew I could count on you!! We're leaving right now!! Bye!!

message 15: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Ok, be safe!

message 14: by G (new) - rated it 4 stars

G will add it! Check out outtakes of a walking mistake for more mind-numbing characters. :)

message 13: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred G wrote: "will add it! Check out outtakes of a walking mistake for more mind-numbing characters. :)"

Hey, thanks, will do!

Halyna Ha, five stars - you loved it!!! :-)

message 11: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Yes, it really is a lovely book, unique and special. It's got a special feeling to it that' hard to describe.

Leslie Heard great things about it, before you read it, Fred, now I KNOW it'll be good! YAY! :)

Halyna I agree - and Matt is a very adorable boy!

Fred I think you will like it, it's just got a really cool feeling to it. The main character is ... well, a character. Sassy, sensitive, kind and a bit of a look-before-you-leaper. Nice to see you back, Leslie, sounds like you had a good time!

Leslie Thanks, Fred...we sure did! It was nice to get back to civilization, though! It was also REALLY windy, and that dosen't make for "good-hair" days, let me tell ya! I posted a pic of my mother and me yestreday to my photos. Jessica, our daughter, got a little camera happy! ;)

Fred Very elegant!

Leslie Fred, I'm reading this one now!

Fred Yay! Hope you're lovin' it! Some awesome quotes!

Leslie Fred wrote: "Yay! Hope you're lovin' it! Some awesome quotes!"

So far so good! Julie is eating Thai food with the Watkins since she just arrived after Matt picked her up. I'm on page 56. :)

Fred Step 1: laugh Step 2: find tissues Step 3: sigh, good one. Running off to church, catch u later I hope! If not, have a great Easter!

Leslie Happy Easter, to you, too Fred! Thanks for the advice!