Michealle's Reviews > The Moonspinners

The Moonspinners by Mary Stewart

Mar 30, 2008

This is one of my favorite books of all time. I read everything by Mary Stewart and love them all, but this book is the one I reach for every summer. It is set in Greece, and it always makes me desire to hop on a plane and fly to Greece, even though the setting adds to the fearfulness in this book.

By the way, the old movie has absolutely nothing to do with the book, even though it says it does. If I were Mary Stewart, I would have been appalled at what the movie makers did to her wonderful story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonspinners.

08/25/2016 marked as: read

Rayni Yet, it was because of the movie that I discovered Mary Stewart & this book. I loved the movie, but the book is even better. I used to read it every summer too.

Magda I can't believe there is another person like me who reads this book over in summer. Just finished it again last night. It's like an old friend. I go on Nicola's journey with her every time. Sigh.

message 3: by Jennifur (new)

Jennifur Sun sadly you hve just discribed the thing I HATE and a lot of readers HATE about Hollywood. They can never leave a good book in one piece.