Leea's Reviews > Succubus Dreams

Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead

Jul 26, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, series
Read from July 25 to 26, 2011

3.5 stars... First let me say that this book was filled with surprises. I found myself saying 'oh my goodness' a few time and I'm not usually surprised when it comes to urban fantasy books. I will say that the beginning of this books was a little slow but it did pick up.

Mead has been able to portray Georgie is such a manner that I over look her 'succubus behavior' because her character has such values. I know a succubus with values who would have thought that could have happened. I feel for Georgina and Seth's relationship because the outside world will not let them just be. Georgina is pulled in so many directions and although she heart is with Seth she does have a job to do. Georgina's past is connected to her future and I just cannot figure out how that's going to play out.

Having read the Vampire Academy Series and loved it I almost find myself not believing that it's the same author of the Georgina Kincaid Series. I say this with utter respect as Mead as an author because she is able to write such different series.

Here is some of the stuff that has me saying 'oh my goodness'...(view spoiler)
2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Dreams.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I completely agree about how different the series are. This is why I love Mead so much. Plus, she just knows how to write a very good story and can draw it out over several books and keep you wanting more.

Leea I can't stop reading them... Mead is growing on me and I love her character development. Any idea how many books she's going to write in the Kincaid series?

Stacia (the 2010 club) The final book comes out at the end of August. She's only got one book left in her Dark Swan series as well, then she'll be only working on Bloodlines for a little bit because of her pregnancy/upcoming childbirth, but I think she's going to eventually do another adult series.

Leea That's great news. Have you read the Dark Swan Series? I want to read that one as well.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Yep. I've read all her books. I like VA and GK better, but DS is good too.