Jen's Reviews > Out to Canaan

May 18, 08

bookshelves: fiction, mitford-series, christian-fiction
Recommended to Jen by: Lori Nettnin
Read in March, 2008

It's been a while since I picked up a book from the Mitford Series. They're hard to come by overseas. The story continues with Father Tim & Cynthia Kavanaugh and their friends and family in Mitford. It was easy to pick up and read, even after putting the series to rest for a while. Jan Karon does a good job at helping you remember where you left off.

In this book, I got to take a trip to Lakeland, FL with Father Tim. Funny to me since I just moved to Tokyo from Lakeland, FL. I also got to read about another city where I once lived - Huntsville, AL.

More new characters are introduced in this book, and we got to visit with old favorites. There's a bit of mystery in this book, enough that made me want to stay up til way past my bedtime a couple of nights in a row to finish reading it.

It was an easy read, though. It only took me about four days to read the whole thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out to Canaan.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie hooked aren't you? Knew you would be.lol

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie wow! How cool is that that you got read about the towns you know so well. I love the Jan KAron books and you just fall in love with her characters. They all seem so real. Guess I need to visit the local library and pick some up.