Nicole's Reviews > Turn It Up

Turn It Up by Inez Kelley

Aug 03, 11

bookshelves: romance, review, read-in-2011
Read from July 25 to 26, 2011

review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/08/03/...

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: Out now
How I got this book: NetGalley

I’ve been a big Inez Kelley fan for awhile now, and when she first started talking about Turn It Up with the sexy doctor and his best friend doing a sex advice radio show… I was all over that.

Charlie has been Honeypot on the radio for as long as she can remember, and loves doing her Sex Talk show with her BFF Bastian. But when Bastian changes the foundation of their friendship, telling her he wants more, she freaks out. When he announces his desire to marry her on-air, she ups the ante by claiming they’ll sleep together before they ever get married. And so the battle of the sexes begin. With Charlie trying to get in Bastian’s pants, and Bastian trying to get a ring on her finger, the hilarity ensues and the two start with the campaign that could make or break them.

I absolutely LOVED all of the sexual innuendos in this book. They come flying from left and right and had me cracking up throughout the entire book. It was a sweet treat having Bastian want to get married and make a real life with Charlie, while she was the one who only wanted to have sex and get it over with.

The role reversal between Charlie and Bastian was so fun to read about, and I do love me a hero who knows what he wants and isn’t afraid to go after it. I was happy that Bastian stuck to his guns and refused to sleep with Charlie, despite her best attempts to seduce him otherwise. I liked that Charlie was confused and hesitant to jump into something with Bastian because of their long history as friends. It was real and honest.

I did think that Charlie was, at times, a little over the top. Yes she had bad experiences in her past that made her wary of commitment and relationships. At the same time, she took things a little too extreme for me. There were a couple times she really reacted to situations somewhat out of character and had me scratching my head in confusion.

The secondary characters in this one were fabulous! I hope that Kelley will continue on in this series and write more about Bastian’s brother Boo. I’d like to see him struggle with his ongoing addiction problems and finding the love of his life once again. *sigh* I’m such a sucker for rekindled romances!

All in all Kelley writes another romantic knock out with Turn It Up. The characters are hilarious and the one-liners will keep you in stitches throughout the whole book. The plot is quick moving and engaging to the reader, making it an all around fun book to read.

I give Turn It Up a B+

*Inez added a short story to her website with a follow up novella of Boo. LOVED IT! It was a great ending to his story! Read it: http://inezkelley.com/funstuff/wp-con...*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turn It Up.

07/25/2011 page 1