Ms. LaPorte's Reviews > Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading

Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading by Tommy Greenwald

Aug 05, 11

bookshelves: friendship, humor, middle_school, reluctant-reader, summer-2011
Read in August, 2011

What? A Guide to NOT reading? (It's audience is the reluctant reader.)

"With 25 exclusive non-reading tips!"

Tip #1 - if you have to read - make sure it has short chapters - uh, I like short chapters...

Tip #5 (pg 25) Point out the many ways you do read...what do you think of that?

Tip #7 (pg 36) "My buddy Joe used to take pride in not reading, just like me. Then he got this book about snakes, and started reading books about reptiles all the time..then weather patterns, Civil War battles....Now Jake carries books around with him everywhere, no matter where he's going..."
ALL RIGHT - what a role model!

Tip #15 (pg 83) Make sure you've read at least one book to completion, so that is someone asks you what your favorite book, you have an answer. Any guess on Charlie Joe's favorite book? (The Giving Tree)

Tip #16 Sports are just as educational as reading...huh, what do you think? Listen to this (page 109)... should I give all the coaches a copy of this?

one more: Tip #18 (pg 123) If you have to read, read about girls. It helps you understand them better.

huh, there's a party; boy meets girls; a big end of year 'position' paper -euww-; oh and there's a class dance...

(hum, maybe it's not such a bad idea...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading.