Christina's Reviews > Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit Animals, Dolls, and Other Playthings for Kids

Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson

Jul 25, 11

bookshelves: knitting-patterns

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I'm not usually one for book patterns as they often to be not as user friendly as most patterns on knitty.com or ravelry.com, as well as just being those types that often seem written for fly-by-night knitting. This is not one of those books. I enjoyed looking through the patterns, which were well-written, fun, and logical. The knitted toys in this book are actually toys you'd want to knit up, not something silly or hokey or just plain annoying to knit. I got this from the library but I'd be very willing to purchase this book for it's trove of great and adorable patterns. Everything from reversible dollies to tiny little puppies to blocks. Just a good kids toy pattern resource.

I'll knit Cookie A. socks, I'll knit The Sanguine Gryphon garments, but toys was something I just never got into knitting. Until my daughter saw this tiny puppy project on Ravelry, and something about these patterns and the design, as well as the layout of her book just makes toy knitting enjoyable at last. Better than the average toy pattern collection, I recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Itty-Bitty Toys.