Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > One Night in London

One Night in London by Caroline Linden

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: August 30, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Imprint: Avon
Author’s Website: http://www.carolinelinden.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, The Truth About The Duke
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Expected Release Date: August 30, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Imprint: Avon
Author’s Website: http://www.carolinelinden.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, The Truth About The Duke
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Official Blurb:

A bargain that was all business . . . and pure passion.

Neither wealth nor beauty will help Lady Francesca Gordon win custody of her young niece Georgina, saving the girl from a cruel stepmother; she needs London’s top solicitor for that. But when Edward de Lacey, son of the powerful Duke of Durham, hires away the one man who can do the job, Francesca decides Edward himself must champion her case . . . if only she can melt the dashing lord’s stony heart.

Edward has reason to be guarded, though. London’s tabloids have just exposed a secret that could ruin his entire family. When Francesca offers a unique chance to undo the damage, Edward is forced to agree to a partnership . . . and now, each moment together feeds the flames of his scandalous longing for the passionate widow. But when Georgina disappears, fate will test them both . . . and leave their love hanging in the balance.

For once, I’m not including my own summary because the official blurb states it much more clearly than I could do otherwise.

This was one of the more satisfying romances I’ve read in a very long time. Both Francesca and Edward truly needed each other for balance — she pulled him out of his serious ways and he managed to keep her calm when it was important. Plus, the love scenes were wonderfully hot, which as you should know by now, is a big bonus for me.

I admit, I am greatly looking forward to the rest of the trilogy as well.

A very enthusiastic 4/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night in London.