Rachel M.'s Reviews > The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald

F_50x66
Jul 27, 11

*Note: For a required reading book I use a different set of criteria when rating books, meaning that a 5-star rating for a required reading book is not necessarily comparable to a 5-star rating on a book that I read just for fun. In other words, my "just for fun" books that receive high ratings are truly great, but not for the same reasons that required reading books are. I would recommend my just for fun books to anyone, but I would only recommend my required reading books to certain people with the warning that I do not approve of some of the content in some of the books.

I want to preface this review by saying that I had to read this book for English class. It's about a "baby" who is born an old man, and I mean he's born the actual size of an old man. As he grows older in age he grows younger in appearance. As you can imagine, this short story is very weird, but it makes for an interesting read. It's like reading a sci-fiction book that was written well before that genre was populary explored by more contemporary writers. I gave this book a 5 star rating on my scale for required reading for my English class because the story held my interest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories.