Holli's Reviews > Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs

Sep 09, 11

bookshelves: i-own
Read from September 07 to 08, 2011

Tempest Rising was exhilarating, magical, strikingly beautiful, and an emotional roller-coaster! I instantly fell in love with the characters in this book. I identified with Tempests character. Her independence, her ability to be strong, and her ability to not allow herself to be vulnerable. That is, until Kona! *Swoon* The battle that wages deep within her is just as powerful as the waves of the ocean that call to her. Where does she truly belong? Does land or sea hold more of her heart? The saying home is where the heart is never rang more true then it did in this book. Looking forward to the next installment, Tempest Unleashed! Five Stars!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.

Quotes Holli Liked

Tracy Deebs
“I took a deep breath, held that scent in my lungs for long seconds as I tried to inhale the normalcy that made up his very essence. The normalcy I craved like a junkie with an open, aching vein.”
Tracy Deebs, Tempest Rising

09/08/2011 page 50
09/08/2011 page 100
28.0% "Page 98 and was bawling like a baby!"
09/08/2011 page 202
57.0% 4 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

Paola :o) YAY

Holli Have you read this one?

Kristina Snyder I have never heard of this book. What's it about and is it good?

Holli I just started. I finished Ballad early this morning, and then got a migraine so I was down for most of the day.

Tempest Maguire wants nothing more than to surf the killer waves near her California home; continue her steady relationship with her boyfriend, Mark; and take care of her brothers and surfer dad. But Tempest is half mermaid, and as her seventeenth birthday approaches, she will have to decide whether to remain on land or give herself to the ocean like her mother. The pull of the water becomes as insistent as her attraction to Kai, a gorgeous surfer whose uncanny abilities hint at an otherworldly identity as well. And when Tempest does finally give in to the water's temptation and enters a fantastical underwater world, she finds that a larger destiny awaits her-and that the entire ocean's future hangs in the balance.

So far I'm only about twenty pages into the book, but the authors style of writing is really good. I think it's going to be a good read. I'll let you know more tomorrow when I've had a chance to read a bit more. :)

Kristina Snyder It sounds great!!!! You will have to keep me updated on it.

Holli Loving it so far! It is fast pace from page one. :)

Paola Holli I read it and its great! Enjoy Happy Reading

Kristina Snyder Awesome!!! I'll have to order that one then.

Holli Page 98 and I was bawling like a baby! Love this book so early into it, I can't wait to finish it!

Kristina Snyder Oh great!!! Is it a happy cry or a sad cry? I cry too many times over these books. LOL

Paola It's a happy cry and also a sad cry :o) But I know you will enjoy it's one of my favorites

Paola OMG Holli and Kristina! I can't believe I went to check if she wrote any other book besides Tempest Rising and the second book actually comes out in May 2012. I was thinking Tempest Rising was a one book story.... Ahhhhhh what a long wait until May.

Kristina Snyder I just ordered this book!!!!! That's great that there is going to be second book. I like series, because you really get to know the characters. If it is one of your favorites Paola, I say it will be on my list too.

Paola I really liked it. I read it one night when I couldn't sleep and I was done by 5am lol

Kristina Snyder LOL Your as bad as me!!!

Paola LOL I know. Once I start a book I can't seem to put it down lol

Holli I'll have it done by tonight! :)

Paola Holli then you have to suffer with us until May 2012 lol :o) Tempest Unleashing

Kristina Snyder I can't wait to get mine in!!!

Holli WOOT!

Amber I cant wait to read this it sounds exciting!

Holli It is amazing. Defiantly one that I will read again!

Kristina Snyder Glad I ordered it then!!!!

Holli Tempest Unleashed is coming out and a new guy is added into the mix! EEEEK! He is a merman, not a selkie, Paola! Kristina, your going to really enjoy this book.

Paola YAY! It's going to be amazing! :o)

Holli Did you check out her blog and read about the new comer in the next book? Sabyn. A merman! Hunky! :)))

Paola Ohhhh I'm going to check it out. This is going to be a good one with a new Hunky guy ehehehe :o)

Kristina Snyder OMG that sounds amazing. I am 28 years old and I think am always going to love YA. The stories are amazing.

Holli LOL Kristina, I'm going to be 35 this December, and I wouldn't change my love for YA books for the world! It'll never get old, no matter how old I get! ;)

Amber If it makes u feel better Kristina I am also 28 and I hope I never feel too old to read YA...I luv them they are more exciting and take me to worlds I prolly couldnt imagine on my own

Kristina Snyder I turn 29 in December!! LOL you are right that they never get old. I love to get lost in those worlds.

Kristina Snyder That's awesome!!!! I will never not like YA. I have so many books preordered right now, it's terrible. But I love it.

message 34: by Holli (last edited Sep 09, 2011 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holli My oldest daughter is 16 and we read all the same books. (We have to have our own copies. Book readers rule!) ;) It is awesome though because we get to explore these different words together and then get to compare notes and talk about these books for hours. Sharing the literary world with your child is priceless. I feel like I'm not only relating to my daughter, but I'm helping to stimulate her creative mind. She already loves to write. Mostly poetry, but she is really gifted. Reading should only enhance that. I'm not ashamed to love the same things my daughter loves. :)

Kristina Snyder That's amazing!!!!I hope I am lucky enough to have that too. I don't have kids yet, but I want them. Right now I share my books with you all and I have a few friends that read.

Holli I love my Goodreads friends! :)))) You guys are awesome! It's such a great outlet to have friends to chat with over our shared obsession!

Paola I Love You Goodreads Friends of mine! :o) oxoxoxo

Holli <3 :)))

Kristina Snyder Love you all!!!!!!