Sarah's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Oct 30, 2011

bookshelves: dystopian, favorites, love-stories
Read from July 25 to October 30, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Ally Condie
“Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs.”

Ally Condie
“Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that.”

“Cassia.
I know which life is my real one now, no matter what happens. It’s the one with you. For some reason, knowing that even one person knows my story makes things different. Maybe it’s like the poem says. Maybe this is my way of not going gentle.
I love you. (Ky Markham)”

Ally Condie
“So in the middle of all the noise, I point to the sky. I hope he understands what I mean, because I mean so many things: My heart will always fly his name. I won't go gentle. I'll find a way to soar like the angels in the stories and I will find him. And I know he understands as he looks straight at me, deep into my eyes. His lips move silently, and I know what he says: the words of a poem that only two people in the world know. Tears well up but I blink them away. Because if there is one moment in my life that I want to see clearly, this is it.”