Chris Mclain's Reviews > Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit

Forgotten God by Francis Chan

Jul 27, 11

Francis Chan has hit the nail right on the head with Forgotten God. This book is about the "forgotten" member of the trinity, the Holy Spirit. Not only does he lay out the basic truths about this entity, Chan challenges every Christian to reevaluate his or her own relationship with it. To ask the tough questions about what we really believe, and if we believe those things, how they should spur us to action. As a minister, I have been greatly challenged by Forgotten God, and if I am completely honest with myself, I must admit that there were things I read in this book that I honestly wanted to set aside, because not setting them aside might require some drastic action in my own life. I would be forced to change the way I live, think, and see the world around me. I would have to face the inconsistencies between my theology and my actions. That is not a comfortable thought for anyone, and on the basis of that restlessness which I now acknowledge, I urge you to read this book. At worst, it will reaffirm what you already believe and live; at best, it will challenge you to live a radical faith beyond anything you can dream up with your mortal imagination. And that is something worth living for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten God.