rhea's Reviews > Great Expectations

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Jul 25, 11

I don't remember reading it, I just know I was bored and tortured my mom. I actually blocked it out until she & I talked about the torture the other day. It's one of those moments where if we were on a sitcom she would've said, "I hope you have a daughter that has to read this one day and you'll know my pain." Although, that wouldn't work cuz I would just tell her, "Go see your grandma."

Edit: ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Great Expectations.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (last edited Jul 25, 2011 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa Funny!! :)

Plus you know I would never say such a thing to you! :)

rhea Teresa wrote: "Funny!! :)

Plus you know I would never say such a thing to you! :)"

Thank you! For both things. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha, I never enjoyed Dickens' books and never wished to read them again.

rhea Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "Haha, I never enjoyed Dickens' books and never wished to read them again."

I can't say I never enjoyed Dickens and not only cuz my mom is watching. ;)

Teresa rhea wrote: "I can't say I never enjoyed Dickens and not only cuz my mom is watching. ;)"

You know you could say it! ;P

rhea Teresa wrote: "rhea wrote: "I can't say I never enjoyed Dickens and not only cuz my mom is watching. ;)"

You know you could say it! ;P"

I know I could, but it's not true so I was teasing.

Teresa rhea wrote: "I know I could, but it's not true so I was teasing."

Yep, and it was funny! ;)

rhea Teresa wrote: "rhea wrote: "I know I could, but it's not true so I was teasing."

Yep, and it was funny! ;)"

Thanks! Better than annoying. ;)

Teresa rhea wrote: "Better than annoying. ;)"

Never! ;)

message 10: by rhea (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea Teresa wrote: "rhea wrote: "Better than annoying. ;)"

Never! ;)"

So I should stay annoying? Ha!

Teresa rhea wrote: "So I should stay annoying? Ha!"

Hmmmm ... how 'bout only online? ;)

message 12: by rhea (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea Teresa wrote: "rhea wrote: "So I should stay annoying? Ha!"

Hmmmm ... how 'bout only online? ;)"

I don't make any promises I can't keep.

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Give me five Rhea. We could start an 'i'm not a dickens fan' fan club. I keep thinking I'll wake up one day and my dickens distaste will be healed.

Teresa Teresa wrote: "rhea wrote: "I don't make any promises I can't keep."

:)"

Teresa Cynthia wrote: "Give me five Rhea. We could start an 'i'm not a dickens fan' fan club. I keep thinking I'll wake up one day and my dickens distaste will be healed."

I was waiting for you to chime in, Cynthia! One of my brothers will be a charter member as well.

message 16: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia That's it! I'm taking back the budha badge I awarded you yesterday.

message 17: by rhea (last edited Jul 27, 2011 11:50AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea Cynthia wrote: "Give me five Rhea. We could start an 'i'm not a dickens fan' fan club. I keep thinking I'll wake up one day and my dickens distaste will be healed."

Ha! I know what you mean though, I like A Christmas Carol but now I'm not sure if I just mean some of the movies. I also like Oliver Twist but again the play/movie play a big part in me liking that. Not that the movie for Great Expectations helped, I fell asleep! Sounds like a fun club, since I have no plans to attempt Dickens again. Sorry, mom. ;) She's the reason I agree on waking up one day and hoping maybe the distaste would be gone.

Teresa wrote: "Teresa wrote: And because this is a public forum, I want to state that I never call Rhea annoying, she does it for me. ;)"

Yes, yes. I talk a lot, exaggerate, and will take all the blame. :)

message 18: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia "Yes, yes. I talk a lot, exaggerate, and will take all the blame. :)"

Rhea is this what you used to say when mummy said, 'NO WIRE HANGERS'?

bwahahahahahahahaha

message 19: by rhea (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea Teresa wrote: "One of my brothers will be a charter member as well."

Yeah, I think this is one of the books that got a mash-up with zombies or something, but I can't find it anymore. That reminds me I saw some books I wanted to tell you about, I'll have to go find them since I forgot what they were.

Cynthia wrote: "Rhea is this what you used to say when mummy said, 'NO WIRE HANGERS'?

bwahahahahahahahaha"

Hahaha! Text does read meaner than it's meant to!

Teresa rhea wrote: "Yes, yes. I talk a lot, exaggerate, and will take all the blame. :) "

Do I get my Buddha badge back now, Cynthia!? ;)

message 21: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Rhea I know Teresa knows I'm playing but I want to make sure you know that too. And before you ask I KNOW you have a good sense of humor.

message 22: by rhea (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea Haha y'all are both funny, I rarely take anything said on the internet seriously. Except maybe your book reviews. :)

message 23: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Teresa wrote: "rhea wrote: "Yes, yes. I talk a lot, exaggerate, and will take all the blame. :) "

Do I get my Buddha badge back now, Cynthia!? ;)"

hmmmmmm.....let me take it to the commitee, we'll get back to you, in triplicate.

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia rhea wrote: "Haha y'all are both funny, I rarely take anything said on the internet seriously. Except maybe your book reviews. :)"

Alex I'll take 'good answers' for $200.

Teresa Cynthia wrote: "Alex I'll take 'good answers' for $200."

message 26: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Teresa wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "Alex I'll take 'good answers' for $200."

Are you between maids again?

·Karen· I don't understand more than half what's on here, but you all make me giggle anyway. And I'm not even on the giggle juice.

Teresa Cynthia wrote: "Are you between maids again?"

Don't I wish! Actually, I don't. I'd feel 'guilty' if I hired someone to clean my house. At least at this stage in my life. Let me come up with more rationalizations first.

And don't tell to me go back to cleaning -- I'm taking a infinitesimal break!

Teresa Karen wrote: "I don't understand more than half what's on here, but you all make me giggle anyway. And I'm not even on the giggle juice."

I blame Cynthia, but the more the merrier!

message 30: by rhea (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea "Cynthia wrote: "Alex I'll take 'good answers' for $200."

I almost told a customer his beer was $200 cuz I had just read this! HA!

Teresa wrote: "Y'all are making it very hard for me to get off the computer and start cleaning the house!"

Teresa rhea wrote: "Work is boring, so I'm bugging you while you're supposed to be working, though from the above example I guess I should pay attention better. ;) "

Cleaning the house is boring too, though I'm making it better by blaring music (the CD you gave me) like I always do.

Teresa rhea wrote: "... I think this is one of the books that got a mash-up with zombies or something, but I can't find it anymore. That reminds me I saw some books I wanted to tell you about, I'll have to go find them since I forgot what they were. "

message 33: by rhea (new) - rated it 2 stars

rhea Teresa wrote: "I googled it. It's called Pip and the Zombies. Hey, I brought this conversation back to books!
"

Guess they changed the name of the book or it wasn't named when I heard of it. Yay, you win the conversation! :)