Beth's Reviews > The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right

F_50x66
Jul 25, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in July, 2011

Excellent and entertaining read. Surprisingly captivating for a book on checklists. Now I'm looking at everything with a "Is that a good candidate for a checklist" sort of mentality.

Read this at the same time my Dad did, more or less by chance. He sent this link a month or two ago : http://gawande.com/ohio-university-co...

I decided to put the book on hold since I'd heard of it already and his speech sounded interesting. I ended up getting it from the library a day or two before heading up to GL for a week - a week that my family spends with my parents. I found out the day we were leaving for GL that Dad was also reading it (he on an iPhone, of course). I tried to finish it on the trip up so that I could tease him that I'd read that book already, but I still had about 20 pages left when we arrived. And then Dad finished it that night following a concert we attended, while I sat next to him on the bench (the portability of the book on iPhone!). Sigh. It was still fun to get to refer to it during the week.

Yes, this little "review" was more about the coincidence of simultaneous reading than about the book, but I want to remember that part of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Checklist Manifesto.