Tracey's Reviews > The Day Before

Jul 25, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: abandoned, teen
Read in July, 2011

Teen fiction; poetry novella (romance). Personally I don't care for these novels written in verse (poetry is very hard to do well, and a whole novel of mediocre poetry quickly gets tiresome), though they can be more easily devoured by reluctant readers--I'd probably still give them something from Ellen Hopkins instead though, as this title has much less action/drama. But I did skim ahead to find out what was the deal with these two kids, whose lives will apparently be forever changed on the morrow--you'd think the world was ending, the way these two were acting. (*spoiler alert*: it turns out Amber was switched at birth with another girl who died and now her birth parents have gotten joint custody of her--she's to spend the next 6 months with them, but in the end her world is not turned so upside down as she thought it would be. Cade, on the other hand, is to have some kind of surgery the next day, and he's scared about it but he also comes through fine. So this is basically a lot of angst over what turns out to be relatively small potatoes.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Day Before.