Tammy's Reviews > Midnight Awakening

Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian

1965689
Jul 26, 11

Read from July 25 to 26, 2011

Ahhhhh, just in my last review I was saying how much the potential interest of Elise and Tegan piqued me! What a wonderful surprise to see that this book was about them.

Now, I'm going to tell you, I'm a sucker for the whole wounded warrior theme... In BDB, it's all about Z and V for me... the more messed up the more I love their story so Tegan was just like dessert for me. Yummy and sinful and everything you don't want to want. I LOVED his story line.

And Elise!? Perfect, human breedmate warrior. Such a wonderful back and forth between them. Again, can I say how much I love the fact that Lara doesn't make them instantly fall in love and start having sex because yes, in PNR that just fixes everything that could ever be wrong with your live? Nope...she makes them work for it...it's half way through the book before they're even close to realizing what they could mean to each other. It's such a slow simmering build that it's just amazing when you finally get to it.

I loved their story so very much... I loved that they end up together and happy in the end, I love that they just make it right for each other. They're both broken and maimed and they don't forget those things to just be fixed by each other... they are who they are, scars and all and their scars, especially with these two, make them.

Their bond of vengeance is something they both share, their pain, their loss and their absolute refusal to seek comfort from anyone again. It's what makes them perfectly imperfect for each other.

The last line in the book just wrapped it all up for me... "I am home," he said... "this is the only home I'll ever need."

Perfect...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Awakening.