Mti Librarian's Reviews > Cotillion

Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

Jul 25, 11

bookshelves: 2011, adult, disfunctional-families, helping-others, marriage, regency, romance, fashion
Read in July, 2011

A romantic regency novel of manners that is a thoroughly enjoyable frolic! I find Georgette Heyer to be a pretty reliable author; I like almost everything she writes. I've been trying to save her books for when I'm sick or traveling so that I'm guaranteed a good book and also so that I don't read them too fast and run out. I took this one to family reunion at the beach and it was perfect.

As the ward of a very rich and eccentric gentleman, Miss Kitty Charing stand to inherit a fortune as long as she marries one of her guardian's great-nephews. Kitty has enough spunk that she is not going to meekly follow her guardian's wishes and proceeds to cook up several schemes, including a false engagement. Kitty's fortune is very appetizing for the great-nephews and they fall all over each other trying to win her hand.

I totally agree with the quote below, I much prefer men that can cook and make me laugh to men that can kill dragons

"I daresay Freddy might not be a great hand at slaying dragons, but you may depend upon it none of those knight-errants would be able to rescue one from a social fix, and you must own, Meg, that I have not the smallest need of a man who can kill dragons!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cotillion.