Daisiemae's Reviews > The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1

bookshelves: erotica, fantasy
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Auntee
Recommended for: Anyone who likes Erotic Anthologies
Read in March, 2008

Originally, I wanted to read this book because of the conclusion of the August Brothers by Lora Leigh. I was pleasantly surprised, because most of the stories in this anthology is very good. All of them have a Christmas twist of some kind, there is also a couple of stories that have a fantasy element to it too.

If you are offended by strong language or explict sex, this book is not for you.

My favorite stories in this book were:

August Heat by Lora Leigh

This concludes the stories of the August Brothers and their wives. I was happy to see them more settled and ready to move on with life, instead of focusing on the past. Still love those August men...

Make Me Believe By Shiloh Walker

I don't think Shiloh Walker gets enough credit sometimes. She is quickly becoming a must read author for me. Her characters are always interesting, and I always care about them and the outcome of the stories she writes.
Chelly is going through a horrible custody battle with her ex-husband. His claims that she is delusional and writes to/dreams about an imaginary man all of her life.
Ever since her parents died when she was five, Nikolai has appearing in her dreams. He has been her friend and confidant most of her life. As she grew older he became he fantasy. In a way to sort out her feelings she wrote to him in her journals and letters. When her ex finds them and uses them against her-she does what she must to block him out...but can you block out your one true love?

Just A Little Magic by Kate Douglas

Beth Adams is having a bad night. Expecting a proposal from her boyfriend-they break up. Now there is a crazy man (but sexy) who fell off of her roof, claiming to be auditioning for the job as Santa Clause. In spite of her reservations, she helps him recover from his injury and is drawn to his sweet, sexy personality-even though he says he is from Akron and runs a Toy Shop (adult toys) for Santa. Will there be magic (and toys) in Beth's future?

Ringing in the Season by Rachel Bo

This is a story about reconnecting with your mate. I loved this story. It's message to focus on the good times and not the bad, even when going through tough times with your mate was quite lovely.

The Toymaker By R.Casteel

I think this is the first story I have read by this author. I liked it. It was well written and I liked all of the characters.
Set in 1875 Samantha is struggling to survive in the Missori fronter with her two young children. Having been widowed by her estranged husband, she is alone and lonely.
Claudius Elfinstien is caught in a horrible snowstorm. When he finds shelter with Samantha and her small family, he is ready to fill their home with some love and Christmas magic.
What was interesting about this story was the differences in the hero and heroine. She's about 6 foot tall and he is at least 2 feet shorter...I liked that. You don't read about shorter men too much. It was a sweet/sexy story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1.