The Listmaker's Reviews > Blood Work

Blood Work by Kim Harrison

Jul 25, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, urban-fantasy, graphic-novel

As a diehard fan of the Rachel Morgan/Hollows series (thanks to Sara Brookes - a goodreads author and someone any fan of Kim Harrison should check out. No, seriously, go check her out and take a look at the books she's written, you'll like them.) I read a graphic novel when it's not a genre I normally read.

I liked it. My only real complaint - one that is actually addressed by Kim in her interview at the end of the book - is that the depictions of the characters differs from those in my head. Mainly the depiction of Ivy, and since this GN is told from her POV it was important. Ivy is a sexy woman with a hint of Asian heritage and yet she was drawn in such a way as she was much more harsh than she should have been and far too ethnic as well. But it's all subjective to what the reader already has in place for what the characters may look like.

All in all it's a good GN especially since it addresses one of my key interests in the series - namely Ivy's attraction to Rachel. I look forward to the next in the series.

I'd recommend it to anyone who reads the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Work.