Janet's Reviews > Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change

Managing Transitions by William  Bridges

Mar 29, 08

bookshelves: business-change, life, books-worth-reading-twice
Read in January, 2000

In Managing Transitions, William Bridges sets out to help managers and others who want to introduce change - be it a total organiaational restructure or simply trying to get people to do things differently.

The book is very practical - both easy to read and to apply the key concepts. Divided into four parts, Bridges takes the reader through how to understand just what change is, how it affects us, and most importantly, how to lead change. The key concept of leading change in this book, whilst not new, is the best that I have seen it explained. That is, that leading a change process is a three step process - "getting people to let go", "managing the transition (between the old and the new)" and "launching the new beginning".

There is an article on Peter Drucker's non-profit website that summarizes Bridge's key concepts that is always worth reading again when embarking on any new adventure. I found the article on Drucker's site and then read Bridges whole book. The article covers the concepts well. -http://www.pfdf.org/knowledgecenter/j...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Managing Transitions.