Kristy's Reviews > The Rescue

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

Jul 25, 11

bookshelves: 2010
Read in February, 2010

I was disappointed with this book. Knowing that 'The Notebook' and 'A Walk to Remember' were written before this book, I expected more.

Denise is a mother of Kyle, a 4 year old son with a talking disability. He finds it extremely hard to communicate and to understand others around him. Denise is involved in a car accident that puts herself in hospital. Kyle escapes from the car while she was unconscious and becomes lost in the woods on a cold rainy night, putting his life at risk. Taylor, a volunteer Fireman, finds Denise in the car wreckage and forms the search party for Kyle. This is beginning of the love story of Denise and Taylor.

This book focuses on the problems that both Denise and Taylor have and how they affect their relationship. Written in the 3rd person, it didn't side with either character. The problem I felt was that I didn't understand how Taylor could make the mistakes he did. I would get angry with him and feel frustrated that Denise wouldn't have the backbone to face up to him properly or end the relationship. The characters didn't feel believable so when sad or happy events happened in the book, I was disappointed that I didn't cry or grin from ear to ear. Thought this book was a easy read, I wasn't compelled to keep reading more. I'm relieved that I'm onto a new book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rescue.