Parka's Reviews > Transformers Vault: The Complete Transformers Universe - Showcasing Rare Collectibles and Memorabilia

Transformers Vault by Pablo Hidalgo

Dec 05, 12

bookshelves: picture-book
Read in July, 2011

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

Here's a book for all you Transformers fans out there. It's a 160 page hardcover that comes with a slipcase, not bad for a book at this price.

The book covers the toys, comics, animation and the movies.

It's filled with the history and amazing stories of how Transformers came to be. There are stories on how the toys are engineered, the idea behind licensing and merchandise, the evolution of Transformers in comics and TV, and more.

I followed the old Transformers animation before, but can't really remember much so the text provides a bit of a refresher. The comics section would be more relevant to comic readers, but for those who don't follow the comics (like me), it still provides for an interesting read.

There are over 250 pictures including some memorabilia attached. You'll see photos of Hasbro toys, not every one I guess, but I did see an old Optimus Prime I had before. There are also illustrations, package art (remember the VHS boxsets?), animation and movie stills. If you've collected any, you can probably remember how cool it was to have them.

Great book for the fans - you'll can check out more reviews from fans on Amazon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transformers Vault.