Carol's Reviews > Everything I Was

Everything I Was by Corinne Demas

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from July 25 to 29, 2011

This is a great little book; my only complaint is that there should have been more of it. But to be honest with you, I need to read slim volumes once in a while to get a rest from reading books that are 400 or more pages. This book fit the bill.

The writing is simple and straight forward and you could easily figure out what all the characters were thinking. The story was very easy to follow and even though this book may be considered YA but I am a baby boomer and I enjoyed it.

Irene is pre-teen whose father was a corporate VP making a great salary but had just lost his job due to a merger. She lived in a penthouse in New York and went to a private school. Her mother was enjoying the life of luxury and didn't understand what the job loss really meant to her easy go spending habits. There is quite a bit of tension going on because of people not expressing their true wishes.

They are forced to move out into the country in her Irene's grandfather's house. Irene was going through a lot of changes that don't just involve growing up. She has to decide what is most important to her. Her grandfather is a gem. He makes her feel so at home at the farm, fixing up great places for her to escape her parent's constant arguing. You will want him for your own grandfather.

This is a page turner that you will definitely not like to lay down.

I recommend it to people who love to read books about families dealing with change.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything I Was.

07/26/2011 page 34