Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > My Soul to Take

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Jul 25, 2011

Read from June 13 to 15, 2012 , read count: 2

I had this book sat on my bookshelf for a while before finally picking it up. After reading the first book in Rachel Vincent's adult urban fantasy series, Blood Bound, I instantly wanted to read her other series so I finally picked up this one.

I loved this book, I thought it was amazing. I always enjoy original storylines and I thought the storyline of this book is definitely original and not something I have read before. I loved that we got to see the characters grow a lot in this book.
Kaylee, I think she's a great character (duh, she shares my name ;p ) I thought you saw her grow a lot, she went from carefree teenager to a very strong lead character. We felt all her confusion and surprise as she slowly came to terms with her powers and discovered what she actually was. I was so surprised to find out what she actually is.
I love Nash, he's definitely the male character that I fell in love with in this series. I loved how sweet he was to Kaylee and really supported her throughout the entire book. Everything she was confused or upset about and he was there for her and when all the drama started to unfold not once did he think of leaving and letting her sort it out herself and I really loved that about him.

I really loved the story and the characters in this book and I can't wait to see what happens in this series.
I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.
Yet another amazing story by Rachel Vincent

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Take.

06/15/2012 page 308
05/29/2016 marked as: read

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Awesome review!! I have not ready any of Rachel Vincent's works. I am looking forward to reading this at some point.

Kayleigh {K-Books} It's great. It was the second one by her that I read, the first being Blood Bound (Unbound, #1) by Rachel Vincent

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Ah okay.. then she also wrote an adult series right? I see her name pop up frequently.

Where have you been all day? Have you been at UNI? I figured you would be chiming in on my page about VA. Now I get why you loved book four so much.

Kayleigh {K-Books} Yes she wrote Blood Bound series, Soul Screamers series and also the Shifters series which starts with Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

I haven't been at uni, I'm off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but I have been sat doing all my reading for uni and watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for my mental health class =) I've just been on ur page =)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I saw you there thank you!! I love it when we talk books together Kay.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest sounds like quite the assignment.

Kayleigh {K-Books} me 2 =)

I love the movie so I love how my studying for the whole week was to watch it lol

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Sounds like you have an awesome professor.

Kayleigh {K-Books} I do he's awesome =)
If you don't understand something he will sit with you for hours and explain it until you get it.

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko That is great Kay. Sounds very dedicated to his job.

Kayleigh {K-Books} He is =)
I so shud be doing work right now oops lol

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko But we are so much more fun!!

Kayleigh {K-Books} Yes you are and I have 2 1-hour gaps tomorrow so I'll go in the library and do it then. It doesn't have to be done till a week on Friday

Kailey I'll admit I only read this because we share a name:) I liked it though