Heather Dalgarno's Reviews > Tall, Dark & Dead

Tall, Dark  &  Dead by Tate Hallaway

Jul 25, 11

"Tall, Dark and Dead" is the first Garnet Lacey book by Hallaway. The heroine is a witch, possessed by the witch goddess Lilith, on the run from a bunch of Vatican witch assasins after they slaughtered her coven (and she killed their agents in retribution).

This book is reasonably entertaning, and certainly has its fair share of hunky man candy in the form of alchemist vampire Sebastien and Garnet's ex-vampire lover Parrish. It's rife with cliche and has obviously been written for the mass young adult paranormal romance market. There's some action to spice things up, and some steamy moments to boot, but it's not headed for my favourites list. I'll probably read the others later, but I don't have that uncontrollable need to go out and buy all the other immediately which is the usual sign that I've found another author I'm going to love.

This isn't at all bad, just not terribly inspiring. Fans of Mary Janice Davidson's 'Undead..' series will most likely love this. Good natured fluff fiction.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tall, Dark & Dead.