Marilyn Belleghem's Reviews > Questing Marilyn

Questing Marilyn by Marilyn Barnicke Belleghem

Feb 20, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: memoir, non-fiction, relationships, self-help, travel
Read in November, 2003

Tired of your responsibilities and living up to what others expect of you? Wish you could run away and discover who you could be without the roles you play?

Questing Marilyn is my self help memoir of a physical and psychological journey through parts of England and Ireland taken with a group to explore how what we believe influences how we behave.

My first disappointment came when the promised coach was replaced with a van in which the group barely fit. The next was when we were told the promised guide wasn't coming. I was angry and disappointed. More broken promises followed. Should I fight or flee? Come along and share my challenges. Ask yourself what you would have done in my place.

I have been a Marriage and Family Therapist since 1981. I wanted to write a book about ways to cope with common issues many cliets brought to me. It was my intention to explore the timeless journey of self discovery. I wanted to answer the question: "Who can I be when I am really free to be my Self?"

Exploring new places can stimulate one’s inner world leading to a deeper understanding of the Self. I weave life skills and relationship issues into my story. I learned about Me. Learn ways to discover your true self. Imagine you are along on the Quest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Questing Marilyn.

Quotes Marilyn Liked

Marilyn Barnicke Belleghem
“Is it that I want to run away from what I have or do I want to run to somewhere or something else?”
Marilyn Barnicke Belleghem, Questing Marilyn

Marilyn Barnicke Belleghem
“I know I am planning to visit a "land" that is not entirely foreign, only foreign to me. As an adventurer, I am on a journey that I believe will last me my whole life. A new relationship, discovery, or awareness excites me.”
Marilyn Barnicke Belleghem, Questing Marilyn