Sharon's Reviews > Killing Time

bookshelves: romance-paranormal, netgalley
Read from July 29 to 30, 2011

www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Killing Time was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Carina Press

Sephti is a Bittern, a genetically engineered assassin created by the Fae to be their personal killing machine. She has never been the same as other Bittern’s, she is a genetic throwback and seeks out revenge on those who created and tortured her.

Finally escaping servitude and with a meticulous plan, Sephti has left her masters to seek out a vampire she believes could help her get to the fae king, Cham Reidon, but during one of her berserk rages – what she goes through when she is too worked up, she is taken captive by a man who despises the fae as much as she does, Koda.

Koda is an ancient Native American guardian whose goal is to protect his people from the Fae who threaten to cause them harm. Koda seemed to be the calm to Sephti’s storm; he was powerful enough to control her rage and caring enough to protect her despite what she was.

I was thoroughly engrossed in ‘Killing Time’, Ms Paige has written a real page turner that is filled with ongoing action, intrigue and a slow building but enjoyable romance. There is also history and mythology with the Native American’s which I found fascinating.

I loved Sephti as a character and really felt for her and what she had to endure at the hands of her lord master. She had strength and determination, the protection she felt towards Koda as well as his friends and her battle to right the wrongs being caused by the Fae was noble, she was fiercely independent and had never had anyone who she could rely on. Koda was sweet and caring for Sephti’s needs, although he doubted her initially he came to understand who she was and what she was fighting for. I liked the slow build-up to their romance; it was sweet and built on trust and respect.

It is a unique and complex world Ms Paige has created which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I didn’t realize ‘Killing Time’ was a sequel to ‘Stealing Time’ but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone novel, I didn’t feel I was missing out on any pertinent information.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Time.