Absynthe's Reviews > Bonds of Hate

Bonds of Hate by Andrew Ashling

Wow. Just feaking WOW. I am SO impressed! Thrilling, intense and engrossing. The plot is fantastic. I couldn't put this book down. It's a brilliant piece of storytelling. The characters all have their own very distinct voices and personalities. Even the bad guys are totally awesome!

What impressed me the most though, was how intricate and solid the plot was. The story arc is over 3 books and through all 3 books the plot is rock solid. There are multiple plot lines and they all work seamlessly together. Things aren't spelled out and spoon fed so when a plot point finally culminated, you were at least a little surprised every time. I hate being spoon-fed a plot so that I can guess how it ends 20 pages into the book. In this series, I wasn't even sure the main character would live through all 3 books!

The author is also not afraid to kill people or cause massive damage for the main characters if it's the right thing to do plot-wise. Which I applaud. It takes a certain amount of balls for an author to really put his lead characters through hell knowing that somewhere a reader who loves fluffy bunnies and rainbows is going to complain because everything didn't go perfectly for the hero.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with the quality of the books and I'm sure I'll reread them in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonds of Hate.

message 1: by Td (new) - rated it 5 stars

Td Holy, smokes! You liked everything! :D I get so freaking excited when someone discovers Andrew. Great stuff, I'm all giddy that you enjoyed them so much.

Absynthe Td wrote: "Holy, smokes! You liked everything! :D I get so freaking excited when someone discovers Andrew. Great stuff, I'm all giddy that you enjoyed them so much."

I was just really impressed with what a complete package this series was. Great plot, great characters, amazing world-building, well written. Loved it. :)

Samy Rose I really liked the comment you made: In this series, I wasn't even sure the main character would live through all 3 books!

I agree. I had to keep hoping all the way through the books. No one was "safe."