Sarah's Reviews > Central

Read from July 26 to August 02, 2011

CENTRAL - Daughters of Saraqael Book Two

My Rating: 5 stars

Excerpts from the Great Foretelling:

“She will come to us ignorant of the ways of her father’s kind, but with an unparalleled desire to learn all that she can of them.”

“He will have to overcome our many centuries of distorted knowledge to understand human emotion, and he will find in her the best teacher to do so.”

My thoughts:

While each book features all three sisters, they each seem to focus on one of Daughters of Saraqael’s story. Central picks up where Becoming left off with the Amber, Olivia, and Skye training to improve their ability to defend themselves but also to harness the individual gifts they had when they transitioned on the Estilorian Plane. This is the second book, so it makes sense that this book spends time exploring Olivia’s personality and journey as she becomes use to her new life.

I loved this book even more than the first because I can relate to Olivia’s love of learning and willingness to try new things. Watching Olivia grows into her abilities and her relationship with James was so much fun, at heart-stopping at times. This describes how Amber, Olivia, and Skye’s relationships grow and how their relationship with their paired Gloresti grows to that of a family. Between Amber’s good news, Olivia’s trials, and the ever emotional and vibrant Skye, this book grabs you from the beginning and pushes you to see what happens next.

It’s refreshing to see a love story that isn’t a triangle and one that is HOT without crossing the line. I guess I need to explain that part. As an intermediate teacher, I read not only for my enjoyment but also for books that I can recommend to my students. The love story in this book, as with all in the series, is one that I would GLADLY place on my bookshelf in my classroom and wouldn’t feel nervous about a student reading it.

Central is a captivating and exciting journey from start to finish and leaves you happy and wanting more all at the same time. Never underestimate the quiet learner, as strength comes from knowledge and desire as well as from the physical side.

If you haven’t looked into The Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy and enjoy stories with action, love, and some happy endings, then you MUST add this to you e-reader!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Central.

07/27/2011 page 10
3.0% "I'm loving these girls!"
10.0% "I wish I could stay up all night to read! I'm drawn to this world that has been created!"
35.0% "I LOVE this book! The story is so beautiful I love seeing the characters grow. I cant wait to see how it unfolds."
59.0% "I love the enchantment of their world but also how relatable the sisters are."
08/02/2011 page 357
100.0% "Wow! I LOVED this book! Action, self-discovery and a beautiful love story all rolled into one. Already read the 1 st chapter of the next one too. Review coming soon!"
show 1 hidden update…