terpkristin's Reviews > Fuzzy Nation

Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi

Aug 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011, audiobook, sci-fi, sword-and-laser
Read from July 24 to August 03, 2011

I got this book because I was intrigued that it was narrated by Wil Wheaton, and because it was a S&L alternate pick for this month. When I realized how short a book it was, it made it all that much easier to read (while I'm slogging through A Dance with Dragons).

I'm not sure exactly what to say about the book. I haven't yet read Little Fuzzy (that's up next, it's part of the Audible file for Fuzzy Nation). I thought it was pretty predictable. Also, the dialog seemed kind of awkward. It was made more awkward by frequent two-word statement by a character followed by "he/she said." This may have been more pronounced/obvious because I was listening to it. Wil Wheaton did sort of voices for each character, so the "he said" or "she said" made conversations feel awkward. Sadly, I think I would have enjoyed this more if I'd read it in print--I'm not sold on Wheaton as a narrator.

All that said, it wasn't bad. It was pretty standard-issue sci fi. I've read the same story done much better. And I've read the same story done much worse.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fuzzy Nation.

07/24/2011 page 18