Kat's Reviews > The Love Goddess' Cooking School

The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate

Jul 25, 2011

did not like it

"Holly Maguire gets her heartbroken and moves from California to Maine into her grandmother's house and kitchen. Her grandmother, Camilla, is known in town as the Italian cooking teacher and even more so, as a fortune teller. When her grandmother passes away and leaves her house and kitchen to Holly, she decides to continue with the cooking classes although she is not as gifted with cooking, or fortune telling, as her nonna.

I wanted to read something fun and got something boring instead. Everything was pretty predictable from the beginning. I can see this being turned into a made-for-television movie, probably airing on Lifetime. I was also surprised at how many grammatical errors and double words I found while reading. The author should get another editor/publisher. I think the one thing I liked about this book was how there are a few of the recipes included in the back, which I will try. Hopefully they are better than the story."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Love Goddess' Cooking School.