Pamela 's Reviews > Scarlet Nights

Scarlet Nights by Jude Deveraux

Jul 24, 11

bookshelves: reviewed

I didn't realize this book was part of a trilogy. I don't think you need to read the first one before this one as the author certainly does a good job of keeping the reader up to speed (way too much for me) just in case.

We are introduced to Sara, who is dull, spineless, blindly and stupidly determined to marry a man who is obviously conniving and deceitful. Greg treats her horribly and she just lets him walk all over her. We're supposed to believe that Sara honestly can't see why her friends and family (basically the whole town) don't like the guy she's engaged to? In comes Mike, the gorgeous undercover detective with an amazing body (and bald), a man the entire town absolutely loves. Within days Sara's falling for him even though she's still engaged. As her feelings grow for him she starts to realize what her life has been like with Greg. Mike is a person who is very reserved, who doesn't give out details of his life to friends or co-workers or gets emotionally involved with any woman yet he falls for Sara and starts spilling his guts out to her. Anyways, they end up together but the way they end up is totally ridiculous. The plot regarding Greg was pretty interesting and could have been developed a lot more. The way everything ended felt rushed. With respect to Sara and Mike, they're both boring with no passion or fire between the two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlet Nights.