Andie Z's Reviews > Elemental Reality

Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono

4820527
Aug 20, 11

bookshelves: arc, own, read-2011, ebook, blog-tour, arcs-i-own, reviewed, on-my-kindle
Read on August 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read this review and more on my blog From A to Z

I’ve been looking forward to reading Elemental Reality ever since I first saw the gorgeous cover (isn’t it absolutely stunning??), and I’m happy to say that the story doesn’t disappoint. Faeries may be a very popular subject for YA novels these days, but Cesya puts a fresh spin on it and manages to create an entirely new world.

One of my favorite things about the novel is that unlike many other faerie books, there’s no pervasive feeling of darkness and gloom. Okay sure, there are definitely bad guys and a fast-approaching possible war with Demons, but the novel is just so fun that the overall tone is much lighter and entertaining. Faerie powers! Hot Aussie boy! Wings that actually fly! Elemental Reality shows that it can actually be exciting to be a supernatural being, even when there is also serious stuff going on. I will say that I had some trouble getting into the writing style at first; I was enjoying the novel but it felt a bit unpolished (to be fair I read an ARC, so it is possible that it was not the absolute final version). But after a while I found myself enjoying the breezy tone and just completely devouring it.

The characters in Elemental Reality are all well-developed and extremely likeable, and it was such fun to watch Callie interacting with her sister and friends. Lola cracks me up, she’s so hilarious. And Callie’s interactions with Oli… I don’t really think “fun” is the right word. Probably steamy would be more appropriate. Or hot. Either one works, really. :P The tension between these two was fantastic and I am most definitely looking forward to more from them in the sequel. *waggles eyebrows suggestively*

Elemental Reality is an impressive debut novel, and I’d definitely recommend it. It’s a fun, fast-paced read with awesome characters, sizzling romance, danger, intrigue, and a gripping cliffhanger that will no doubt leave you wanting more.

*Thanks so much to Jennifer Baker at Revolution Publishing for letting me participate in the Elemental Reality blog tour and providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

**Cesya is visiting my blog today with an awesome guest post, check it out here!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elemental Reality.

08/13/2011