Ta§chima Cullen's Reviews > Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 24, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, 4-star-shelf
Read on July 24, 2011

You can find more reviews @BloodyBookaholic

I don't think this book needs a full on review, but I'll give you my two cents. As far as adaptations go this one nailed it. It shows you the scenes and dialogue that really matters while cutting most of the prolonged boring crap. Success!

I loved the art. It's basically the sole reason I bought this book. I mean I already read the entire Twilight series so the main draw of this book is to see it in a new platform. All I got to say is that it looks better than the movie lol The way they portrayed the characters was interesting. I like how Bella was portrayed, but I kind of disliked Edward a bit. I have to say I prefer Robert Pattison to the Art Edward.

Sidenote: Nowhere in this book does it say that this is manga, it says GRAPHIC NOVEL, so don't expect the manga art. Expect something new and nice and interesting and good. It's good art. Young Kim is a very good artist.

The graphic novel is mostly in black and white, though it has parts with color (I applaud the parts they choose to have color because they stand out from the rest and they are important parts in the story). For example, the meadow scene is in color, and it looks amazing.

Would I pat $20 for each book in the graphic novel series? Hell no. For $20 bucks I can buy two other books with more pages than this, but I got to say that Twilight: The Graphic Novel is a great add for any Twilight fan's library everywhere. So what I'm basically saying is that it's a very good add to your collection if you like to collect books (which I do; but I got it at Borders for like $5) but if you just want to read it and see it for the hell of it, go to your library or spend 20 minutes in your closest bookstore (That's how long it took me to read this one)

PS; This is NOT the entire Twilight book, it's just part 1. Imagine the bill after all the graphic books are out and you wish to buy them at full price... ouch.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

07/24/2011 page 224