Jack's Reviews > Crookedstar's Promise

Crookedstar's Promise by Erin Hunter

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: favourites
Read from April 06 to 07, 2012

WOW. Such a great book. I read it in under a day (if you count in hours from when I started) and it's almost 500 pages!!

Characters: 5/5 - Superb as usual! I always love Warrior characters, but in this book there was true spark just like we saw in the original series books. The Clans were divided as they should be and the Clans didn't get along; exactly what I liked! In the more recent books the Clans are way too nice - so it's great to see the Clans arguing between each other again! And I have to say that I really felt sorry for Crookedstar throughout. He developed so much though and he's now one of my favourite cats!!

Plot - 4.5/5 - Very, very interesting to read about his life and how he changed from when he was a kit. There was such a great message that no matter how you look or what's wrong with you, you can still succeed, which is exactly what happened. I really just loved the plot, what else can I say? I know some people may find it predictable as you sort of know what already happens at the end before reading, but that's the idea and you'll obviously know if you've read other Warriors books that take place after this one. But I think there's so much more to find out and explore about his life that it doesn't even matter! So yes, super plot!

Writing - 5/5 - Love the writing style that the Erin's use. They never back away from great description and vivid adjectives, though it's still such an easy style to read and it's split up so nicely. It makes it such a quick read too, which I love. It never feels like the writing drags at all because they tell us what we need to know and then move on soon after, whereas some authors spend ages describing the same thing when there's honestly no point. The writing carried good emotion, too!

Enjoyment - 4.5/5 - Really, really enjoyed this book; one of my favourites of the year so far. It really brings emotions out - from sadness to laughter. As you can tell, reading it so fast clearly proves how good and enjoyable it is. I just couldn't put this down and had to keep reading!! A few very minor things stopping me from giving it a 5, but let's not bother about those...

Overall - 4.8/5 - Like I keep saying, such an amazing book - what's not to love?
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crookedstar's Promise.

04/06/2012 page 106
22.0% "Oh my gosh, this is amazing so far; I love it! Started off so sad and now with the farm cats there's a bit of humour. So many emotions! There's a great story behind it, too! :D"
04/06/2012 page 206
42.0% "Absolutely love Crookedstar! <3 But seriously, this book is fabulous!!"
04/07/2012 page 404
82.0% "Wow; I love this book so much!!"
show 1 hidden update…