Sille's Reviews > New Moan: The First Book in the Twishite Saga: A Parody

New Moan by Stephfordy Mayo

Jul 24, 2011

it was ok
Read in July, 2011

I got this book as a birthday present. In general, I seriously dislike parodies of any type. There's no point in showing me the latest remake of someone's song with stupid lyrics or even stupider video, another 'The Best' parody of Harry Potter or in this case... Twilight. I don't know what I dislike about this concept. Maybe I just find laughing over something cruel or maybe the parodies I have seen haven't been too good.

This book started out pretty fine - I found myself even sort of enjoying it. It was humurous and kind of clever. But as I was nearing the end of this book... the sillier it got. The jokes and the New Moan thing...? Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Overall, this book can be a good read for someone who has read original Twilight books and enjoys parodies. It captures and highlights the points of Meyer's writing pretty precisely - all the untold things and hints brought up and bustered, dramatic gone melodramatic and so on.

I wouldn't say it's a total waste of time but I wish I had invested this time on something else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moan.