Lena's Reviews > Black Swan Rising

Black Swan Rising by Lee  Carroll

Jul 24, 2011

bookshelves: alltime-favourites, my-precious
Read in July, 2011

I so desperately needed a good fantasy book...and I found it. Black Swan Rising made my days and helped me survive for example a 11-hour-car-ride.

Craftsman Garet Jamesis a young women with friends and a loving father. But live's not easy at the moment. Her mother died and Garet takes care of her father Roman and their art gallery. The art's market is rough these times and they have to pay a huge dept.
If that were not enough, Garet discovers a shop for antiques and jewelry. The owner asks her for a favor, to open a small silver box. Garet takes the box home - et voilá - opens it. Then their gallery gets robbed and Roman shot. The police officer thinks it was on purpose so Garet and her father are able to get the reassurance money and repay their depts. But that's only the beginning. Beside learning a lot about her dead mother, an old family secret and herself, Garet yet doesn't know what she set free...

This book is a real pageturner and involves almost everything a good fantasy novel needs. AAction, drama, a love-story, an interesting villain and various mysterious creatures. I so am looking forward to season 2, "The Watchtower" to discover how Garet's journey goes on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Swan Rising.