valee's Reviews > Tangle of Need

2320890
Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance
Read from April 15 to 20, 2012

Not a favorite, but a spectacular read non the less. As always NS keeps blowing my mind with this amazing series.
I just know I WILL NEVER GET ENOUGH of this intriguing Psy and passionate Changelings because... What's not to love about them? NS has created a very complex and original world from scratch and introduced us to some very intricate characters we just can't seem to help falling hopelessly in love with. But more than that, I will always emphasize Singh's brilliant writing style. Nobody knows how to say things in a more fervid or avid way, impossible not to adore her books.

THE MAIN COUPLE:
This book is about Riaz, A snow Dancer Sentinel who found his mate -while working on Europe- only to discover she was already married and completely in love with somebody else. Devastated and heartbroken he decides to come back to his pack to recover from such a terrible and hurting revelation. Once appeased and contained he decides to confront Adria, the only female who wont make his life any easier. Both will have to work things out as it's clear there's just too much tension and animosity between them.
Adria, a wolf changeling soldier, is trying to recover herself after a terrible divorce. She just wants to be happy again and not feel such terrible devastation every time she remembers what couldn't be. But then there's this infuriating lone-wolf who just wont let her suffer quietly, who wont let her mourn her lost relationship alone and be annoyingly bitchy whenever she feels like it. She is miserable and can't help treating him accordingly, but only him, who just keeps awakening something inside her she is NOT ready to analyze yet.

THE PSY CHANGELING WORLD AROUND THEM:
While they discover how they truly feel about each other and try to make things work out, it gets more and more obvious that war is becoming impossible to avoid. Things between humans, changelings and psy are becoming more and more uncertain. Some start strategizing, while others start choosing sides. And Deaths start increasing. Something will have to be done, things need to stop getting worst, but what? Nothing is easy nor predictable and it's up to those who care to make things better and peaceful again, but then again, how? No one has an answer, things for the psy are getting worst and while the changelings get a bit of peace, a break inside a tiny bubble, they just can't hide from what's going on around them because it will eventually condemn them as well.
Everybody is just waiting for an impeding battle that may alter the very fate of the world.

SO MUCH CONSTANT TENSION, SO MANY DOUBTS AND UNCERTAIN FUTURE PATHS, it's just too compelling and captivating. That's what I adore the most about this series, it's not only romance and NEVER a simple read.

Be ready for another great installment in this wonderful series.

**I didn't go for the whole 5 stars rating because this wasn't a couple I was THAT intrigued or excited about. I think the series got to a point where there are too many IMPORTANT characters who still need their own book, so while Riaz & Adria were great I just couldn't help focusing in other characters like the ghost, Kaleb, Vasic, Aden, Nikita, Anthony and so many others.
Also the book was as much about Sienna and Hawke as Riaz and Adria. Normally this would be a plus -as I have been helplessly in love with Hawke since day one- but this was Riaz & Adria's story and so much information about the other couple distracted me too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle of Need.

04/15/2012 "So excited about this book! I can't believe I got an early copy." 6 comments
04/15/2012
35.0% "Oh, to finally have the annoyingly painful waiting over. Thank God. I just adore this series and I can't believe I'm actually reading this book right now!" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Teri For some reason, I like this cover better them all the rest...

Michelle the Romance Witch personally i loved a few of the previous covers including kiss of snow and i dont really like this one all that much but i guess you cant please everyone... at least i know ill love whats under the cover :)

Calisto You know, I have to wonder if in a previous life, Nalini wronged whoever is in charge of the covers for her Psy/Changeling series. LOL. They are so dated and this one...sigh. I admit to being a cover snob and just don't get how her covers are so uninspiring.

Sylvie I absolutely agree - her books are so incredibly wonderful - the covers are UGH. I always thought that if they repackaged her covers to be a bit more subdued and current, she'd pick up an even bigger audience. Romance is a huge element in her books, but the Psy-Changeling series is so much more than just the romance - the world itself is captivating! Berkley is not doing her any favors, unfortunately :(

message 5: by Mistik INK (new) - added it

Mistik INK It's certainly a welcome upgrade from Slave to Sens. Cover

message 6: by Ivy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ivy Ditto! FYI Slave to Sensation is the book for the Vaginal Fantasy Hangout http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

Azra Tabassum The UK edition covers truly are simplistic and beautiful.

Jess Only 4 :(

valee But a nice 4. I loved it, don't get me wrong. I gave 4 to it because there are some amazing reads in this series and it's not possible for me to compare this book with the previous ones.

I really did love the book Jess, and a 4 star rating is always great.

Maybe I'm being unfair with my rating because if I compare this book with others I gave 5 stars I still liked this one more, but I just need to compare it with the rest in the series. Does that make any sense to you?

Lady Jaye You got an ARC?! That is sooooo awesome! Glad you liked it!! I just wanna see Hawke again :)

valee I was really lucky to get one. I Loved it, let me know once you read it to we can discuss it.

message 12: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Lady Vale wrote: "But a nice 4. I loved it, don't get me wrong. I gave 4 to it because there are some amazing reads in this series and it's not possible for me to compare this book with the previous ones.

I really ..."

Yeah it definitely does! Let you know what I think of it when I finally get my hands on it.

message 13: by Sakshi (new)

Sakshi where did you get the book from? according to my knowledge it is releasing on 29th May..Can't wait to get my hands on this book....

valee It was a present from this amazing author <3