Schay's Reviews > Once Burned

...
...
I don't like beards.
But I like Vlad.
So I just imagine Vlad without a beard, until Frost mentions his stupid beard, and then I get annoyed all over again.
I <3 Jeaniene Frost.

*POST-READ*
IT'S NOT A BEARD! (Yes, I know I'm super late lol)

I love him. That is all.

P.S. Leila's slap was definitely one of the highlights of the book. You go, gurl!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Burned.

12/20/2012 "FINALLY GOT THIS FUCKING BOOK. WOOP. *sweeps revision material off bed*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deedee (new) - added it

Deedee loool i soo agree! stupid beard. haha

Kagama-the Literaturevixen I may be shallow but when I read Night life by Caitlin Kittredge and the love interest was described as having a goatee...that book hit the wall with a loud loud bang. Booo for beards

Schay Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "I may be shallow but when I read Night life by Caitlin Kittredge and the love interest was described as having a goatee...that book hit the wall with a loud loud bang. Booo for beards"

Haha, I definitely would have done the same! :D

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Schay wrote: "Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "I may be shallow but when I read Night life by Caitlin Kittredge and the love interest was described as having a goatee...that book hit the wall with a loud loud ..."

Good. That means I am not alone in my habit to catapult books :P

Marissa Ramirez I dont like beards as well but I'm pretty sure he didn't have a beard, just stubble. A little stubble shouldn't hurt =)

Schay Marissa wrote: "I dont like beards as well but I'm pretty sure he didn't have a beard, just stubble. A little stubble shouldn't hurt =)"

Nah, stubble's alright :D
(Your 4 star rating has reminded me that I still don't have this book. Grrrrr)

Marissa Ramirez Hah I was wrong, I'm currently reading Eternal Kiss of Darkness and it refers to Vlad having a beard. Slightly disappointed but its Vlad so I'll live.

message 8: by Shuling (new)

Shuling Men with beards just scare the crap outta me and I don't know why. I insisted my dad not to have beard when I am only 4. But if it's Vlad... Well, I'll just have to mentally ignore that part involving beard. (:

Schay Shuling wrote: "Men with beards just scare the crap outta me and I don't know why. I insisted my dad not to have beard when I am only 4. But if it's Vlad... Well, I'll just have to mentally ignore that part involv..."

LOL! Awww :D (DAMMIT I STILL DON'T HAVE THIS BOOK)

message 10: by Shuling (last edited Dec 05, 2012 08:13AM) (new)

Shuling OHHH! I discovered something that made me so happy! It's NOT a beard, as clarified by the author herself. (: Here's the link if you want: Jeaniene Frost's blog
Keep looking downwards and you'll be super happy.

message 11: by Schay (last edited Dec 07, 2012 07:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Schay Shuling wrote: "OHHH! I discovered something that made me so happy! It's NOT a beard, as clarified by the author herself. (: Here's the link if you want: Jeaniene Frost's blog
Keep looking downwards and you'll be ..."

OMGYES. THANK YOU FOR THIS (Goddaaaaaamn, look at them boys) :D

message 12: by Shuling (new)

Shuling You're welcome! And yeah! Goddamnit! ;)

message 13: by Cory (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cory loved your OMFGWTFBBQBOOYAH! HAD ME LAUGHING!

Schay Cory wrote: "loved your OMFGWTFBBQBOOYAH! HAD ME LAUGHING!"

Haha, thanks! I'm a still a tween on the inside :D

message 15: by Cory (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cory Schay wrote: "Cory wrote: "loved your OMFGWTFBBQBOOYAH! HAD ME LAUGHING!"

Haha, thanks! I'm a still a tween on the inside :D"

You & me both!!!!

Jennifer Ugh! I hate beards. Stubbles can be sexy, but when it turns into a beard, I have had enough. I imagine myself with a pair of clippers and shave it off every time an author decides to put one in.