Meghan's Reviews > Mr. Darcy's Diary

Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange

662007
Mar 31, 08

Read in March, 2008

** spoiler alert ** First, I must admit that I'm mildly obsessed with Pride and Prejudice and that Mr. Darcy is my particular weakness. So you can imagine my literal squeal of delight when I saw this book in Borders the other day...a diary from Mr. Darcy?! I couldn't even imagine what I was in store for. And I was not disappointed.

This book gave me one of the most intimate portrayal of Mr. Darcy...one that had no place in the original Pride and Prejudice; but it needed to be done. I particularly like the actual style of the book: it included dates, making it seem more diary-like. I could totally believe that Mr. Darcy would keep a diary and the language used for this was exactly how I would imagine him writing.

The entries after his botched proposal to Elizabeth were particularly delish! It was refreshing to take part in his realization of his pride and arrogance and it made him completely lovable all over again.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the idea of Anne De Bourgh marrying Colonel Fitzwilliam. Not that this was unexpected; it was hinted at by other authors who have written about Pride and Prejudice, but I much preferred Linda Berdoll's decision to have the colonel marry Georgianna. Much better match in my estimation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy's Diary.