shady's Reviews > Die for Me

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Jul 24, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: covergasm, meh-it-was-okay, dont-understand-why-its-hyped, surprised-i-didnt-hate, where-art-thou-originality
Read from December 10 to 18, 2011

For me, this book was just...meh, really. A little between 2.5 to 3 stars.

I liked the supernatural aspect, since it was pretty original. And the setting, Paris, was beautiful. But the problem is, that's really all I liked about it.

Because to me, besides the supernatural aspect and setting, this is such a typical YA book that doesn't really stand out from others. Kate was a very Mary Sue heroine, and Vincent was a typical, godly-looking hero, although I give Amy Plum bonus points for not making him a jackass. There's insta-love, but it wasn't annoying to the point where I wanted to pull all my hair out. But that doesn't mean I liked the romance, that only means I tolerated it.

I don't really have much else to say about this book. o_o It was just okay for me. Nothing amazing or special. It's one of those "why the hype" books, for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die for Me.

12/10/2011 page 1
0.0% "I wonder what exactly this is about. Like, what kind of paranormal creatures...things. Whatever. You get what I mean."
12/13/2011 page 14
4.0% "I really need to start reading this. xD But I'm so hooked on Deadly Cool~"
12/15/2011 page 20
6.0% "Wow, that wasn't cliche AT ALL. >_> -cough cough-"
12/15/2011 page 31
9.0% "Mmh... I'm not sure about this anymore. Nothing's wow'd me so far."
12/15/2011 page 57
17.0% "Uhh... o_O What duh heeelllll."
12/16/2011 page 80
23.0% "....Okay, this book is creeping me out." 1 comment
12/16/2011 page 111
33.0% "Well, at least the whole supernatural...ness...is original."
12/17/2011 page 132
39.0% "The numa? xD Reminds me of Numa Numa."
12/17/2011 page 161
47.0% "Eww. e_e That's brutal."
12/17/2011 page 179
52.0% "OH FOR THE LOVE OF. -breaks something- I HATE SCENES LIKE THESE!! -____-" 2 comments
12/18/2011 page 253
74.0% "Hmm."
09/12/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm on the fence about this one.....not seeing too many good reviews.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Looks pretty - should have known.