Annmarie Ager's Reviews > Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Jul 24, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, arc-reviewed
Read from November 23 to 25, 2011

Aria lives in a place called the reverie like most teens she spends her time hanging out with her friends but rather than going out all she does is look through her smarteye which takes her to different realms. Life is sweet and easy until Aria is kicked out for something she did not do. The world outside the pod is feared Aria’s people the dwellers call it the death shop. Once outside things take a funny turn she learns about the outside world that is nothing like what she was led to believe, and it's the people inside the pod that are liars. She soon runs into Perry the person that was there the day of her so called crime it was him that saved her life. While Perry and Aria are very different from one and other Aria had the easy life and Perry the hard-working hunter but due to a run of strange events Perry and Aria have to work together and help one and other to find out what happened to Aria's mum? And why was Perry nephew snatched by Aria's people?
The journey will change Perry and Aria life forever.

From the very start, this book blew me away. I found it so brilliant and exciting imagine planet earth has been divided into two parts one side you have the reverie where people live in a kind of electronic fantasy world. It was like a weird computer run future. At first glance everyone seems happy and calm, but it’s a big front. Now the other part of the world is like the past with tribes and hunting for food, living of the land. These people are born survivors and fighters. Two completely different worlds stuck on one planet the whole idea excited me and glued me to ever word in the book. The world the book is based in alone will have you in a reading frenzy but there is so much more to the book.

Aria the dweller that’s lived her whole life in the pod playing in fantasy worlds and singing ends up being dumped into the outside the death shop. Perry a born hunter with night-vision eyes and heighted smell his a bit barbaric at times, but he does care. He just hides it well. No way would you think mixing these two very different characters together but when the author throws Perry and Aria together the book really takes on a life of its own in a way you would not believe.
The author’s writing is simply magical she wrote something so fresh and mind blowing that you can’t help but wonder how someone could think up something so dark yet beautiful. The book will reach out to anyone who loves action, love and the book is nonstop survival pushing the characters to their limits.

Prepare yourself for the ride of your life under the never sky will electrify you and have you begging for more.
Five stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Never Sky.

Quotes Annmarie Liked

Veronica Rossi
“Roar leaned across the table and smiled at her seductively, his dark hair falling into his eyes. 'When you say everything happens in the Realms, do you mean everything?'

Aria laughed nervously.'Yes. Especially that.There are no risks in the Realms.'

Roar's smile widened. 'You simply think it and it happens? And it
actually feels real?'

'Why are we talking about this?'

'I need a Smarteye,' he said.”
Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky

Veronica Rossi
“She looked up. “A world of nevers under a never sky.”
She fit in well then, he thought. A girl who never shut up.”
Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky

Crystal great review, now I really want to read this one.

Annmarie Ager This book is a MUST read I was shocked how amazing it was. one of the best books i have ever read.

message 3: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel This is definitely on my wish list for next year, I'm really excited to read it. Great review!

Annmarie Ager Thanks Rachel the book was amazing i'm shore you will love it.