Greg's Reviews > The Tenant

The Tenant by Roland Topor

Mar 27, 08

bookshelves: fiction
Read in March, 2008

I want to write a review, but I think anything I say will give something away that shouldn't be given away. Read this book, maybe ignore the introduction which I will review and say is terrible. The author of it knows little about books and shit about anything outside of angst. If he ever happens to come across this then I just have to say, go kill yourself, right now. Go do it, the fact that you're still living makes everything you say in your introduction sound trite and immature (do you wanna know who the author of this introduction is? It's Thomas Ligotti). I'm being serious, get a gun and shot yourself in the head, now. Be a man and kill yourself, but the 'outsider' you are, and slit your wrists. Go on, you stand apart from the world, and mock any going on as being part of a conspiracy, so live up to your own words and kill yourself, maybe jump into traffic.
But anyway, aside from the very poor introduction, that you might not realize I didn't care for, this book is so good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tenant.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

The Crimson Fucker Dude! If you get a chance… read that book “school is out” by I don’t remember who… and look for scene where the bad kid finally dies… where the good kid tells him he is fucking crazy… and they both start laughing… this is hard to explain! But well if we ever become arch nemesis…. I hope that’s how we dude! You fucking insane! In a good way! Well not a good way you are fucking crazy, but it amuses me!

Nate D Oh Thomas Ligotti. I have enjoyed certain of his stories ("Purity") but find it extremely easy to believe he would be an awful commentator on anyone else's writings.