Kendra's Reviews > The Law of Nines

The Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind

Jul 23, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: real-owned-books

** spoiler alert ** I was very disappointed with this book. I am an avid Terry Goodkind fan, and I absolutely love his Sword of Truth series, so needless to say I was very excited when I heard he was writing another book that supposedly had nothing to do with Richard and Kahlan. Unfortunately, that didn`t turn out to be the case.

Terry Goodkind basically put the exact same personalities and looks into the same characters, called them different (first) names, and threw them into a Sword of Truth plot that took place in our world, except it was lacking most of the plot elements that make SoT books such good stories. I understand that the whole point of the book was that they were descendants of Richard and Kahlan and it was suppose to be an explanation of what happened to the people who left for a world without magic at the end of Confessor, but for me it was a huge disappointment.

I`m sure some of you loved this and its connection to SoT and probably disagree with me in every way possible, however I was looking forward to seeing another good, original story from Mr. Goodkind. Hopefully next time he'll prove to me that he isn't just a `one story` author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Law of Nines.

Shaughan Keaton this book was embarrassingly terrible

Sanyelle I wrote pretty much the exact same review. I love the SoT series, a lot. The only pleasure I got from reading this book was the nods he made at the SoT. Did it bother anybody else that Jax and Alex had to be related?