Jeremy's Reviews > Found: The Best Lost, Tossed, and Forgotten Items from Around the World

Found by Davy Rothbart

Jun 12, 2007

bookshelves: humor

There's nothing I enjoy more than reading things that are none of my business. Each and every time I've encountered somebody's diary in my life, I've picked it up and flipped through, and ten times out of ten the contents are far more compelling than a bookcase full of acclaimed literary classics. Yes, I will read your diary, if you leave it lying around. I'm just that good a friend. Now that tiny locks and keys and lame hiding places have been replaced by a simple click of the mouse for the most part, diaries are no longer a viable source of cheap, invasive thrills, so Found Magazine became the next best thing. I can't imagine how enjoyable and exciting it must have been for Rothbart and company to receive and open the insane things people found on the ground and sent to them. Probably one of the purer studies of human emotions you're likely to find, but beyond that nonsense, it's just a lot of fun to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Found.

06/02/2016 marked as: read